Subject: CEP 956: Looking ahead to Monday, Nov 9 at 6pm EST 
Emailed: 11/7/20

Hi Brittney, Madison, Selin,  
Happy Saturday! Talk about a stressful week, and still no resolution of the 2020 U.S. Presidential election. This email contains important updates. Thank you for reading it! 

We meet synchronously on Monday, November 9 at 6pm EST starting in the Whole Class Zoom. 

BASE GROUP CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUTS: 

Please remember toCheck-out by answering the Check-out questions at the end of this week.  

READINGS & ONLINE DISCUSSION 

“Social Writing, Literacies and Scholarship” 

NEW! Check out my responses to each of your initial posts this week in the Week 8 discussion forum.  Thank you for responding to at least two of us today (Saturday). 

If we ever doubted the importance of ‘digital literacy’ – however we define this – check out this article from the New York Times(11.5.20) about how some of the world’s top social media engineers actively served as a check on their own inventions during the election:  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DMlzbPjcYw2_poz7wTan4CzKPbZQF4aM/view?usp=sharing 

GUEST SPEAKER! SarahGalvin will be joining us next week (11/9). I have included her article “Writing on social media: A review of research in the high school classroom,” published in Tech Trends, in the readings for this week so that you can review as your time and interests allow. 

UPCOMING ASSIGNMENTS 

• 2 Responses due Saturday, November 7 by midnight. 
  • Discussion Synthesis Wk 8 – Instructor 
  • Continue exploring your chosen social media (see schedule page for this week for some things to think about as you use your social media) 
  • Your assigned first draft to peer review was emailed to you Tuesday, November 3
  • Peer review of one paper draft due by 9am on Monday, November 9. Submit to “Peer Review 1” Dropbox folder on D2L. Be sure your peer review includes one document that answers the peer review guidelines questions & one document that is your Tracked Changes version of draft article. 

Any questions for me, please let me know.  Thanks, and see you Monday! 

Chris 

P.S. Thanks for sharing your favorite quote in the check-in for this week. Here is one of mine, a poem introduced to me by my favorite teacher in third grade: Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die... 

Share →